Saturday, October 12, 2013

Paris: A Visit to a French McDonald's

pommes: apples
pommes de terre: potatoes...literally "apples of the earth"
pommes frites: French fries...actually a Belgian invention


Craving a quick meal -that I could easily order with my poor French- I tried my first French McDonald's on Saturday. I stopped by the one near the Blvd. Haussmann.

A Filet-o-Fish value meal -or rather what we would call one in the US costs about 6.5 Euros or about $7.70 at the time. Thus, it is quite a bit more expensive. The food tasted largely the same. The fish tasted better than we have at home. In fact, it seemed to have more fish than the fish plus fillers we seem to get at McDonald's at home in the US.

The fries -les pommes frites- tasted quite the same. I do notice the food is less salty here.

One thing of interest was that the fries came with two sauces: ketchup and a mysterious Pommes Frites Sauce. It is kind of like a mild Tartar sauce. Fairly tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment